Thursday 28 April 2016

Liebster Blog Awards 2016







Hi All,






I've been very kindly nominated by the lovely Fiona over at Lucy's Cottage Blog as part of the Liebster Blog Awards and I'm very touched by the nomination, thank you Fiona :-) Please do ensure you check out Fiona's blog; it always puts a smile on my face and Fiona always includes lovely photos showing her creations, her gorgeous dogs, her amazing purchases and especially her beautiful cottage (which I've aspired to live in since I was a little girl!). You can also follow Fiona on Instagram where she posts yet more beautifully colourful photos (@lucys_cottage)






The idea of the Liebster Blog Awards is to discover new blogs and here's what you need to do to take part:
  • Ensure you thank the person who has nominated you and include links back to their blog, after all it's important you share their lovely blog too!
  • Include a photo/badge of the Liebster Blog Awards logo on your blog post to show you've taken part.
  • Answer the 10 questions asked by the blogger who has nominated you
  • Nominate 5 bloggers that you want to share with your followers and blog viewers
  • Create 10 new questions to ask your nominees - have some fun!
  • Ensure you make your nominees aware that they have been nominated so they know to answer their questions!


I follow so many wonderful blogs that picking five wasn't easy, but here are my five nominees:


Jo at awholeplotoflove - Because Jo never fails to make me giggle at her posts, I love seeing her gardening photos and also love hearing how Rocky Hound is!


Sarah at Down By The Sea - Because Sarah posts the most wonderful photos down in Dorset and has a very cute Westie called Tavi!


Dawn at Doing it for ourselves in Wales - Because I just love reading all about what Dawn is up to on her smallholding, her food photos also make my tummy rumble!


Lucy at Lucy & Pinto - Because I love hearing about Lucy's progress with her gorgeous pony, Pinto. I miss riding and being around horses a lot so I adore getting my 'horsey fix' through her blog!


Kirsty at Rural Retreat Restoration - Because I love reading about the progress on their beautiful house and grounds, I also like looking through her recipes too!




Now to answer my questions asked by Fiona (Lucy's Cottage):




What book are you currently reading?
I'm actually reading two at the moment! The first is 'War and Peace' by Leo Tolstoy; I loved the recent BBC TV adaptation and decided to give the huge book a go - loving it so far but it's not easy reading, hence why I need some lighter relief every so often, so I'm also reading 'The Yorkshire Shepherdess' by Amanda Owen - fantastic book (Thank you Dawn)!




What is your favourite season?
Autumn - I love the array of colours created by the falling leaves, autumn flowering plants and there's nothing like a blustery Autumnal walk through woodland or along a beach. Not only that but it's a time of year when the weather can be mild and sunny but without my hay fever driving me mad!




Do you prefer Halloween or Bonfire Night?
Bonfire Night! I love watching fireworks and love seeing everyone in our village heading out of their homes all wrapped up against the elements to see the bonfire being lit and the fireworks being set off, great community spirit!




What is your favourite kind of cake?
I'm not a particularly sweet-toothed person despite the fact I love baking cakes and cupcakes. I do however love a slice of a classic British favourite, Victoria Sponge. It's got to have fresh cream sandwiched in the middle along with strawberry or raspberry jam, yum!




Which historical figure would you most like to buy a pint/glass of vino for?
Jane Austen - I hope she counts as she is one of the best authors of all time in my opinion! I'm a hopeless romantic and adored reading her books in my teens and still do now. I found it fascinating to think of how very different life was then as to how it is now. I think she'd quite enjoy a glass of vino and hearing about how the world works these days...




Do you collect anything?
My partner Jack would say "yes Emma collects many things; cake baking equipment, cupcake cases, books, yarn and fabric", but I think these are more bad habits that collections, though they are rather large! The one thing I do collect on top of these is Wade Whimsies, they're small ceramic mostly animal figures made by Wade back in the 1950s onwards. My Grandad gave me his small collection and I built it from there - I now have over 200 of them. Sadly I keep them mostly boxed up as they're a pain to dust around!




Where were you born?
I was born in Cambridgeshire and raised in a small village not far from the city. I lived in the same house for almost 25 years. I have wonderful memories of growing up in Cambridgeshire.




What is your favourite Christmas movie?
Without doubt it has to be 'It's a Wonderful Life'. It's such a lovely story, with lovely music too. I have to include 'Holiday Inn' too though, another great old movie and with my favourite Christmas song in too (Bing Crosby singing 'White Christmas').




If you could have a super-power, what would it be?
Super speed crocheting! Now that would be good!








Here are my 10 questions for my nominees:
1. What was your first pet and what was their name?
2. If you could live a day in a different era of time, when would you choose?
3. What would your ideal 3 course meal consist of?
4. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
5. If you were given £1 million what would you spend it on?
6. What makes you smile the most?
7. What holiday destination would you most like to visit?
8. Chocolate bar or packet of crisps?
9. If you could meet any famous person (present or passed away) who would it be?
10. What are your top 3 favourite animals?


Thank you again Fiona for nominating me :-) I'm also really going to enjoy discovering more blogs to read!


Em x



11 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Emma ! :) One of my other blog nominees pointed out that I had missed out question 8, which is "What is your guilty pleasure ?" xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fiona, thank YOU for nominating me! I'd nominate you too it were allowed :)Oh I hadn't even noticed that! My guilty pleasure is probably pickled onions and watching the same films over and over again! xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you for nominating me I think I will combine the two together and do a long post :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also I think you are very brave for attempting War and peace I gave up with the TV half way through the first episode :-)

      Delete
    2. You're welcome Dawn, I meant every word as I truly love reading your blog. War and Peace is pretty hard going; someone said to me if I finish reading it then I'm fully entitled to put it as an achievement on my CV haha! X

      Delete
  3. Aw thank you Emma & for the lovely sweet words that you said. It was lovely to read more about you and I shall do a post on Sunday xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok Jo, I love your blog and hearing what you're up to. I look forward to seeing your answers to my questions! :) Have a lovely bank holiday weekend xx

      Delete
  4. Dear Em, Thank you very much for nominating me for this award. I feel honoured that you choose my blog out of the many that you follow. With limited blogging time avaliable I did decide a few years ago to make my blog "Award free." So I hope you don't mind if I don't participate. Hope you have a great weekend! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all Sarah, I completely understand :-) I'm glad you got recognition anyway as I really do love all of your blog posts! Your photos are wonderful. Have a lovely long weekend x

      Delete
  5. Hey Emma, I finally found you! How did the new job go? I will spend some time answering your questions tomorrow, we have had croup in the house this weekend so my little lads been very poorly. I"m so glad you enjoy the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kirsty, glad you found me ok :) The new job is going well thank you, first month was very hard adjusting and wondering if I made the right decision but I'm now two months in and really enjoying it! How are you getting on in your new job? Hopefully the amount of travelling is slowly going down? I really do enjoy your blog and seeing all the progress on your house. I hope your little boy is feeling much better! x

      Delete